I am 29 years old and have been running since the age of 5. I am currently still the U18 & U20 National record holder in 4by400m and U20 National record holder in 4by100m. 4x medallist at 2013 GSSE games. Been representing the National Team since 2008.
Why I do it? Love to challenge myself. Athletics season is very interesting and training changes according to time of the year. It is not only a physical sport but also challenges you mentally.Read More
Follow @steviemalta on Instagram for the latest updates
Q&A with Steve
We asked all of our athletes a couple of questions to get to know them better. Check them out for yourself!
- How many days per week do you train?
10 sessions a week.
- What is your approach to dieting?
Low sugar, clean but balanced.
- How many times per day do you train?
4 days a week twice, 2 days a week once, 1 day a week rest.
- How long is an average workout?
Around 3 hours per day.
- Cardio or weights?
- Training alone or with a partner?
- What is your favourite thing to do on a rest day?
Walks in nature with my dogs.
- What is your go-to race day / competition song?
The Prodigy/Limp Bizkit
- If you could have dinner with one athlete / olympian (dead or alive), who would it be and why?
Usain Bolt, undoubtedly one of the greatest of all time.
- Use three words that, in your opinion, describe the charactaristics of a champion.
Determination, Discipline, Hardworking.
- If you could use one short sentence to motivate someone, what would you say?
A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.